Oppenheimer Partners 1-year Associate Program.
About Oppenheimer Partner Africa Advisors Proprietary Limited (OPAA)
OPAA’s parent company Oppenheimer Partners Limited is a global investment holding company with roots in Africa. The company is uniquely positioned to deploy long-term engaged capital without the undue pressure to exit in the short or medium term. It was started by Jonathan Oppenheimer and three other partners, and they are supported by a diverse team with extensive deal and operational experience across several markets. It deploys capital with the view of building sizeable platforms across FMCG, Services and Industrials sectors.
About the position
We are looking for a female South African to join our team as an associate.
The associate will support senior investment professionals in all aspects of the deal process from origination and due diligence through deal structuring and post-investment portfolio management. Candidates who take initiative, have a tremendous work ethic, are highly analytical and have a high level of maturity are considered ideal. Strong financial modelling and analysis skills are required.
The position provides an opportunity to work across sectors, get exposure to the unique concept of engaged capital and have constant interactions with senior members of the team. The role is ideal for a post-MBA or post graduate degree candidate (in relevant fields) or a current high performing analyst in investment banking, financial services, or management consulting.
This is a 1-year fixed term contract opportunity and all candidate(s) applying must be able to start work in South Africa immediately (South African, permanent resident or other status).
- 3-5 years post undergraduate work experience in related fields such as investment banking, financial services, management consulting, advisory, venture capital.
- Strong analytical, attention to detail and quantitative skills with technical foundations in corporate finance and accounting including modeling and valuation.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting research and interacting with others to develop solutions.
- Strong judgment, problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills.
- Team-player with the desire to work on a wide range of projects.
- Strong interest in equity investment
- Develop financial models to aid investment analysis and decisions
- Conduct financial analysis and valuation analysis on potential investments and portfolio companies.
- Perform in-depth analysis on market trends, competition analysis, potential partnerships using information obtained from different sources
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research and analysis across multiple sectors, companies, and industries
- Support portfolio leads in generating quarterly reports on individual portfolio companies and monitoring investments
- Support senior investment professional in preparing coherent materials for internal, IC and client presentations
- Participate in investment prospecting and portfolio review and update meetings
- Will be deployed on special projects as needed.